Lincoln and surrounding community seniors were honored with the Butherus, Maser & Love Funeral Home Scholarship. The scholarship, awarded annually to a senior in each of our 15 area high schools, was presented to the students at a luncheon held on Sunday May 4th 2003 at Butherus, Maser & Love Funeral Home. 13 recipients were in attendance.
Jim Love presented each student with the scholarship and a certificate at the luncheon.
"Our scholarships contribute to a student's education which will help them to make good decisions as citizens of our state and country."
- Diane Butherus of Butherus, Maser and Love Funeral Home.
LeRoy Butherus & Patrick McCashland
Present a Scholarship Certificate to a former winner.
The scholarship was established in 1994 to aid high school graduates seeking higher education in the state of Nebraska. Butherus, Maser and Love Funeral Home recognizes the importance of further study to achieve career goals.
This scholarship is available to students who will attend a trade school, college or university in the state of Nebraska. The award is presented to a senior selected from each of the Lincoln and surrounding area High Schools.
The recipient will be selected on behalf of Butherus, Maser and Love Funeral Home based on fulfilling these criteria:
- Ranks in top half of his/her class.
- Demonstrates qualities of citizenship, leadership and civic responsibility.
- Participates actively in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrates financial need and appreciation of financial assistance.
- Must attend a Nebraska school of higher education.
For more information on our scholarships
please call us at 402-488-0934 or email us via our "Contact Form"